Months of preparation are finally coming close to fruition – the marathoner in our home, is gearing up to a run coming Sunday.
Meanwhile, the marathoner’s wife is busy preparing for the trip. A formidable list is already in place – months of procurement for the marathon are finally being put to use.
2) The foot pod, the heart rate monitor and the watch to go with it
3) The Camel Pak
4) The ubiquitous energy gel packets that are strewn all over my house, thanks to my baby’s interest in these packets – there are orange packets, brown packets and orange/brown packets!
5) The large GU20 box (Sriks you may do well to know that my mother has had her eye on that container to store her pickles. So December 5th evening, it may no longer contain what you think!)
6) The Gatorade bottles enough for a team of marathoners!
The Non-Marathoner’s Guide to a Marathon (For last minute revision before the exam – *wink wink*)
7) Running Shorts and running t-shirt (Somebody please enlighten me why these running attires are always in a shiny, bright hue)
8) Sleeveless Jacket (The D-Day promises to be a cold morning)
9) Medical supplies – pain relievers, balms and the like
10) Walking shoes and Walking socks (Can one walk in Running shoes??)
One thing is for certain – my dear marathoner husband is going to miss all the food pampering that has been happening lately thanks to the Marathon. The specially prepared Potato fries and the extra dollop of lentils over steaming rice with ghee!! Enjoy on dear fellow!
Waiting to see you cruise through the marathon,
The Marathoner’s Family